Saturday, January 5, 2013

Guess who is doing W*W?

Seriously.....I am now an online member!  Never thought I'd say that again!  However, I am not doing it to lose weight.  I am still maintaining 10 lbs under my goal weight.  I'm doing it mainly to stay accountable and focused during this period where I cannot exercise.

It's been a real eye-opener and its made me appreciate everything I've done during these past almost three years to get where I am.  For me, as long as I can exercise, I really don't have to scrutinize every morsel that goes past my lips.  Take the exercise away and it gets scary for me!

Thankfully I am feeling a little better every day.  It was determined that I am suffering from Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction!  What a mouthful.  It mimics lower back pain and although my MRI showed herniated disks, surgeon said my disk problem is not the problem.  He has me going to physical therapy, which has given me some relief and I am getting another epidural steroid injection directly into the SI joint.  Hopefully doing these things will get it back in place and I can avoid having surgery.  The surgery basically implants 3 screws between the hip and the SIJoint to fuse it together!  No thank you....I will only do that as a last resort!  Truth be told, I would do the surgery tomorrow if I'd exhausted my other options!  I have a very high tolerance for pain but this has brought me to my knees!

I am really starting to feel like me again.  I was getting so depressed, having to take pain pills to get through the day.  That's so not me!  It has been two days since I've taken a pill and I take that as a big accomplishment.  The pills are really good but they make me so loopy and I absolutely come to a screeching halt when I take them.  Driving isn't an option so I am stuck in the house.  Each day for the past week, I've been taking them later and later into the day.  It's a great feeling to know that I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train!

14 comments:

Caron said...

I'm hoping you will get better and better from this point on. I do struggle to get in enough exercise but when I do it, it makes maintaining so much easier.

Here's to no pain and no pain pills. :)

Roo said...

What about swimming? Glad to hear that the docs know what is causin it and treatment can be given. The pain can be more emotionally draining than anything! I'm having an MRI tomorrow to see what's going on with my back. I had to stop the strong pain meds because I couldn't function!!! Good luck with WW to keep maintaining! X

Sarah said...

Good for you Jacquie!!! WW is great - I know so many people who use it for various reasons... Happy New Year to you and Steve - thanks for posting on my blog - it's been a while, but I am really going to try to get back into the swing of things with blogging in 2013!

#fatfreefloozy said...

Thank gosh! I am so glad that you maybe able to do something without surgery! Fingers crossed that everything goes well for you chicken!

Barbara said...

Oh Jax, hope you feel better. I have the herniated disc thing. Not fun. Hope the pt helps. I do WW online too. And your ad right it keeps you accountable. Hugs!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I hope you keep feeling better and better!

Sandy said...

Didn't realize the pain was keeping you house-ridden. But hope you can move forward soonest. I always liked WW online. The only problem I had with it was that I could still eat chocolate and lie, lie, lie. Not a good candidate pre-band. I have most of the head stuff changed now. OK, I just ate chocolate:-( See, no more lies!

Darlin1 said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

XO

Sam said...

Feel better soon and here's hoping that ww helps you stay on track with your maintenance :o)

Lap Band Gal said...

Hope you feel better soon :)

-Grace- said...

Feel better! I think signing up for W-W online is a great way to hold yourself accountable :)

Theresa said...

Hang in there! I hope you continue to feel better!

Sheila said...

I think you are smart to do WW. I hope it helps and I hope you are feeling better soon! It's frustrating when our bodies don't work the way they should. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Hi Jacquie - I'm getting caught up on everyone's blogs after year. It's been so long since I've been on I forgot my passwords!! LOL!!! So glad you are doing well -- Happy New Year! Colleen aka Unknown Bandster (Marie)