I saw this recipe on a blog and I had to make them:
And then I had to eat the 2 little ones! Living in FL after being born and raised for 45 years in NY, I am always on the lookout for good bagels and good pizza. You'll note I said 'good'....I am a NY pizza/bagel snob so my expectations are not that high while on this quest! Anyway, I made the dough, boiled the bagels and baked them. They were very good but I don't think I will be opening my own Bagel store any time soon! I actually made about 30 of them but only made a few small ones for me and the rest are for the hubs. I froze them and he will enjoy them for the next 6 months probably as he is such a 'non-eater' it ain't even funny! Opposites really do attract!
On another note, my daughter Mallory, over at I Spin for Cookies, (please visit her and give her some love if you can!) has finally received her wedding pictures! They came out gorgeous. If you'd like to see them, please visit me on Facebook and check out the Snapfish link Mallory placed on my Wall. I still cannot believe my first-born daughter is married! Every time I hear her refer to Kevin as "her husband" it hits me! Is this normal?
I am not 'scheduled' to go to NY at all this summer! Can you believe that? Yea, me neither. The whole family is getting together for a week in Aug. on the Outer Banks of NC, Duck to be exact but thats not the same....soooooo, I was thinking about this and asked Steve if he'd mind if I went up to Long Island towards the end of July. I didn't even ask him if he wants to go because he will be spending a week, in one house, with my whole family so I didn't want to push it if you know what I mean ;) I figured, my VSG surgery is June 17th, 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!, and I will not be on regular food until July 17th so I should make plans for the last week of July to go for a visit! I just want to check with my doctor to confirm when my 1 month appt. will be and than I will 'book it Danno!'
Nothing else going on down here. Its already nicely (uggh!) ensconsed in the hot, humid 90's! This is not my favorite time here in FL I tell ya! I am still following the Casey Anthony trial avidly to the dismay of my whole family! Anything you want to know about this case, just ask me! Very sad thing really and every day I ask myself, how do these things happen? It blows my mind! All I have to say is, Thank God for DVR's, without them, I wouldn't be able to leave my house!


10 comments:
We can't wait to not see you in July.. Aw, c',mon....
Those look amazing, I'm impressed!
Mmmmm bagels!!!! I can sometimes manage a mini, if it's toasted well enough. Man is it good when I do :)
Maybe we can organize a NYC brunch when you are here? Would love to meet you!
So what is the diet you have to do for 2 weeks ahead of your surgery? I'm hoping to get VSG in July, I have a consultation scheduled this weekend. :)
I cant beleve your surgery is just two weeks away! I am SO excited for you and you know you are in good hands with Dr D.
I am just as adducted to the C.A case as you are. We keep it on in our office all day and it is the big topic of discussion for anyone who comes into our office. What an amazing liar that girl is. I swear she is a total sociopath.
Oh and the sight of your bagels on Facebook this morning about gave me a mini orgams. Gotta love food porn!
I am so following the Anthony case too and figured I was the only one!
Those bagels look AMAZING, I'm completely impressed!! And... uh... I'm feeling a little stupid here.. I have no idea what the Casey Anthony trial is. But I swear I'm going to google it as soon as I'm done commenting.
Ahh, I remember living in NOLA and flying real bagels down every time I went to see my family (that and Boar's Head cold cuts). They do look good... talk about dedication:)
those look SOOOOO good....what I wouldn't give sometimes to eat a big doughy bagel...
Mmmmmm bagels!! We're leaving OBX tomorrow.... :( i' m sure you'll have an amazing time - we did!!
Send some of those amazing bagels my way!!
Post a Comment