So, the first week of maintenance ends with a slight loss! Yay! I am 148 this morning. I am actually trying to lose a few more just to have a little fluctuation cushion so I am pleased with this weight today.
I still believe that I experience "dumping syndrome" and so far I have narrowed it down to a few things:
1. Ice cream - I am talking 1/2 cup of real ice cream, with sugar. WW ice cream is no problem,
2. Pudding - I made steve a banana pudding and it was a no go for me.
3. Chocolate chips, milk chocolate to be exact.
I am thinking that liquidy sugar in high concentrated doses is the problem! What an epiphany! Too bad I didn't figure this out 20 years ago, huh! I am being sarcastic just in case you think I am serious. I am a little late to the party with this but I am here and
that's all that matters. Since my vsg surgery, my body is letting me know some things that don't flow anymore. Well actually, it does flow and that's the problem! Once again though, the rest is up to me....I can just about eat anything just in 2- 3 oz. amounts.
Steve, Brutus and I will be on the road again tomorrow morning at 4am on our way to Duck, NC for a week at the beach, in one house with my family! Yes, my husband is a saint! Actually, while we are all looking forward to the week, it will be another first for my family as it's the first time we will be vacationing on the OBX without Jimmy and my dad. Also, this Sunday
is Jimmy's birthday. So, while I am sure that we will be doing a lot of reminiscing, we will also be making new memories.
In fact, this is the first time that my new son-in-law Kevin will be with us! Boy is he in for a treat! When Mallory laid out the drive down for him (my sister in one car with 3 passengers, my nephew in another and than Mallory, Kevin and Jordan in another) she explained that they had to be at my sisters at 5 am, than they would stop at 7/11, than go to my mothers house to pick her up! Kevin said something to the effect of "why can't we just meet them in NC?". Fair question if you don't know my family! Mallory was shocked and just told him that
they are driving down together and to suck it up, he was going to be living with all of us for a week so this was the least of it! Kevin is a rookie to the family but I suspect he will become a vet after spending a week with everyone...especially my mother and all her Bunny-isms!
Wish him luck and have a great week, I know I will!


8 comments:
Have a great trip! :) can't wait to see some pics
Have an amazing time and take lots of pictures to share - wish I were going too!!
Bunny-isms you say?
Have fun you skinny little thing!
I hope you have a fabulous time. We did Duck, NC with out extended family a few years back to the tune of 13 of us. It was fantastic!
Kevin...LMAO... Hahaha...Poor bastid....Have a great time..
That is great that you are figuring out what triggers that dumping feeling! And great that you will have a cushion too. LOL @telling Kevin to suck it up!
Can't wait to hear the stories!
Post a Comment