I have given the link to my blog to my DH and my girls. Other than them, I am being very selective about who I tell about my decision to get the band. I know a lot of you can relate!
I've decided that I will not be putting up a BMI/weight loss ticker until the date of the surgery. Once that day is here, I will be so happy to see the BMI number going down and the weight lost number going up! I have promised DH that I will even share with him what my weight "was" once its in the past! Poor man, as much as he supports me in everything I do, especially the weight issue, he really cannot relate. He is 6 ft. tall and weighs 175 soaking wet! He used to weigh our dog Brutus, when Brutus was on a Vet prescribed diet (he was 3 lbs. overweight!) and he would get on the scale fully dressed, shoes and a gun! He is a cop so don't be getting nervous. Anyway, it would blow my mind because I wouldn't get on the scale with earrings on nevermind being fully dressed with shoes!
I cannot wait until the first thing I think about every day isn't "what can I wear that will make me look thinner". Not a day goes by that I am not fretting about my weight. I am so tired of having so much of me tied to my weight.
On a very positive note, I wanted to say a special thank you to Catherine, Cara and Amy for visiting my blog and giving me encouragement. These ladies, along with many others have been Rock Stars to me! Following their blogs and other blogs have really reinforced my decision to do this. I cannot wait to become an official bandster!


4 comments:
Jacquie - thanks for visiting my blog. Congrats on your lapband decision and good luck to you! The most important piece of advice I think I can give to you is "patience" - it will take a few months to get the lapband adjusted to the level it needs to be for you, so it is important to have patience during this time and not get discouraged. Anytime you have a question, ask away. I'll answer as best I can!
Thank you so much Sally. I will be asking....don't you worry!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!
Good on you for making a decision to get a lap band and also for deciding to start a blog.
Our fellow cyper banders are an amazing group of supporters and will help you as you navigate your way :-)
Can't wait to follow your journey!
You're more than welcome. And you will find the support you get here in blogsphere is amazing, it really is. We all prop each other up when we most need it.
Post a Comment