Friday, October 8, 2010

Huge shout out to Jen!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Jen took pity on an old lady who couldn't get her before/during pics up to size and redesigned my whole Blog for me! You are the best Jen, you know how special that pic is of my Dad and I and I will always remember you for doing this!

I am back "home" again with my family on Long Island and I really don't realize how much I miss it here until I come back. It is so great being here and being able to spend time with my mom, girls, sis, niece and nephew. Life goes on and they are all really living proof of this. I am very sheltered in FL in that I can go about my day and yes, at least once or 100 x a day "it" hits me and I remember May 11th. The big difference is that I didn't see my brother-in-law or father every day. My sister and her children live it 24/7, their husband and dad who used to be here is never coming home again.

I cannot walk into their yard and not see my BIL everywhere, he put in a built-in pool a few years ago and meticulously made a stone retaining wall, stone by stone, that surrounds the pool and landscaped the whole thing. This was the year that they were going to finish it with the pavers around the pool and continuing on the patio. My sister continued this job only she had a Mickey head integrated into the pavers as a memorial to her husband who was a Mickey fan to the end. The day he died, he had an appointment to have a Mickey that matched the Mickey on his tattoo, painted on his Harley! I know Jimmy is looking down from Heaven and smiling. People really do live on in our hearts, no one can tell me different!



We have a couple of really busy days ahead of us so I will apologize now if I don't get on here much! I just could not have gone a minute longer without thanking Jen, the Blog-Designer Extraordinaire!


9 comments:

Camille said...

It looks so great! Have a great trip!

Kristen said...

awww Jacquie that memorial is beautiful! It's such a happy reminder of your BIL and I'm sure anytime that anyone see's it, it brings a smile to their face. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

Allan said...

Not a big fan of a morning cry. Thanks.. Dinner soon..Looking forward to it. Went last night to make sure we would be happy... Yummy

Kathy said...

I love the look of your blog now. And also the Mickey head out of pavers. Enjoy your visit.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

LOVE the new header. LOVE Jenny. LOVE you.

Cindylew said...

Header is awesome...especially your beautiful pics.
Enjoy your time with family.
I miss you.

Jen said...

You are welcome Jacquie. I was happy to do it. Have a great time tonight!

Shelly said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG HEADING!!!! Nice! I love the Mickey Too! That is really cool, great idea from your sister. You're looking great, keep up the great work. Wishing I was a "Boob", maybe next year!!!! Enjoy your Blog. Thanks for writing it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!