Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weigh Day and Baby Girl count-down!


Drumroll please......weight loss for this week is -2.6 lbs. Yay me!!!! I was so excited because this brings me to within a few lbs of what my husband weighs! So, what did my husband say when I told him this great news? You know, my husband who is my #1 cheerleader in my weight loss journey? "Well, I am not eating today or tomorrow, i have to lose a few lbs.!" WTF? He explained that he doesn't want me to feel like I hit my goal just because I weigh less then him so he will keep moving the bar! Really? I quickly said that might back-fire because my goal is much less than what he weighs and if he gets to be a 150 lb bag of bones (he is 6' tall), I will leave him for a "real man" who can throw me over his shoulder (without causing a hernia or slipped disc!) and carry me to the bedroom or other room to have his way with me!

When I left for work this morning, he had a William-Sonoma hand-made Croissant defrosting on the counter to be baked and eaten by him that has at least 8000 calories in it! I love my Man! He gets me!

Today officially starts my countdown to Thursday when we will be heading to the airport (Sorry Brutus, mommy & daddy aren't driving and you can't come) to go visit our girls and family on Long Island. We have a wedding on Saturday and will be there for 6 days. I am so excited!!!!

We are staying with my sister and you all know how I feel about that! It amazes me how much closer we have become (and believe me, we were always close) since the accident. She has had a lot of work done to her home since we were there in Aug and i can't wait to see it. Most notably, she had all around her pool and her patio done in pavers with a Mickey Mouse head design made out of pavers on the patio. Her husband Jimmy was a huge Mickey Mouse/Walt Disney fan and this is a memorial to him of sorts.

No gym for me this weekend :( Work and life got in the way but I will be there tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.!

Eating for today:

b: Skinny Starbucks Vivanno Chocolate Smoothie w/shot of Espresso
l: 1/2 cup of egg salad
s: S.E.I. Max Protein Chocolate-Coconut Shake
d: 3 oz. of MY meatloaf, 1/2 c. brown rice with chopped onion and zucchini

Total Calories: 882
Protein: 77g

9 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh please take pics of the Mickey Mouse design - it sounds so cool. Have fun and congrats on the loss.

Allan said...

Where we staying on the Island ?

Justawallflower said...

Your husband cracks me up, sounds like something my hubby would say! Have a good time with your sister!

Barbara said...

wow.. what a wonderful loss.. super duper congrats!!
Hope you have a great trip and a wonderful wedding.. Saturday is supposed to be nice and DRY.. hugs J!!

Ginger aka Gidget said...

I have this little personal goal of weighing less than my hubby. He has no idea that it's one of my biggies. He has NO idea what I weigh because I have been too embarrassed to ever tell him. :(

Canadian Bird said...

My best friend would LOVE that design... she has some serious Mickey love... while I think she looks ridiculous (40-years-old & dressing in Mickey Mouse paraphernalia)! LOL

Marie said...

So glad you are going out and seeing your family as often as you do. What a treat! And you are eating so little!! Are you hungry? Your fill must be just perfect!

Gen said...

Gosh I am still stunned by how little you eat! No wonder you are losing so well. Yay for you!!!

Jenny said...

Enjoy your trip! WTG on the weight loss!!!