After all the excitement in the house about the scale, we drove over to Disney to spend some time with my friend Carmen who was visiting for a week. Steve and I stayed at Disney's Boardwalk Villa's as a guest of my sister using her Disney Vacation Club points which would have expired on 12/31. We had a great day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios than yesterday morning the boys did the Richard Petty Race Experience. This was Steves Christmas present by the way.
While the guys were playing with race cars, the girls did the Disney Yuletide Fantasy Tour. We went to a few Country's in Epcot and learned about the different cultures than we went to The Grand Floridian to look at all their holiday decorations...Can I say Gingerbread House??? Oh my...is that baby a big one! I bought some fresh gingerbread cookies too. How could I resist? Than it was off to the Magic Kingdom to see their decorations and than finally, we went to a huge, huge storage building that houses all the Christmas holiday decorations! Did you know that the Disney Christmas Day Parade on ABC every year is taped? Who knew? Not me...I thought it was live. Nopers, beginning today, tomorrow and Saturday, they will be taping the parade for viewing on Christmas!
And, guess what, tonight we are driving back over to Disney with our friends Ro and Vinny to have dinner in Japan and then watch/listen to the Candle Light Processional with Corben Bernson as the narrator! This will be the first time that I am seeing this and I am really excited! I just have to dig out my gloves and scarves as it will be freezing tonight here in Sunny Florida!
When we came home I was raring to go in finishing decorating my house! Poor Steve. He spent last Sunday fighting with to 48 in. Wreaths that I bought for our two new front windows. Alas, the wreaths won. He hung one up with these suction cup things and it fell down! Monday, we found extra big suction cup things and he said he'd hang one and if it was still on the window when we came home on Wed., he'd hang the other one. What a beautiful site to see that wreath still hanging when we drove up! Within 20 min. of getting home, we had wreath # 2 up next to his twin! Yay! My goal is to have my tree up by tomorrow night and I promise, I will post pics!
I am trying so hard to get into the Christmas Spirit this year and keep pushing myself to do things. Originally I wasn't going to do any baking but now I am thinking of doing a little and freezing the cookies so that I will have them for when my company comes next week and the week after Christmas. My sister is having a really hard time decorating and I told her about a radio show I was listening to and the advice given to Widow in her exact situation (kids still at home) was to decorate with the family usual but acknowledge the fact that you are still in mourning by putting a black ribbon on a wreath for example. She liked the idea so maybe this will help her a little. I cannot imagine what she is going through but I try to be there for her whenever she needs me.
On the band front, things have quieted down with the PB incidents. It turns out that every time I PB'd, it was either that I ate too early that day or white meat chicken was involved! No more Chicken for me for a while! Funny enough, I had a half of piece of french toast last night for dinner (delish! First time in 8 months!) and on Tuesday at Disney, we had lunch at Via Napoli (great new restaurant in Italy) and I had 1/2 of a small rice ball and one small slice of very crispy pizza without incident. it took a while going down but I ate very slowly and life was good! I think that I am in a very good place with my band right now....that is all I am sayin'!
Well, thats all Folks...I have to get ready for the gym and I will report back with pics of my tree tomorrow! Have a Magical Day! (sorry, I couldn't resist after hearing that for two days.)


10 comments:
SKINNY BITCH !!!
Awesome
Hey Jax.. sounds like you had a great time.. and you SHOULD get in that Christmas Spirit.. afterall.. it is the most wonderful time of the year!! and horray for you rocking that scale!!! Keep up the great work..
You are kicking butt!
Jacquie, you are kicking ass! I am so happy for you!
Way to go, Jacquie!! 166 is AWESOME!!!! I gave Jason the driving experience for Christmas a few years ago and he had a great time doing it. I'm glad you had a nice time and keep up the good work, you skinny minnie!! :)
That is awesome!!!!
It sounds like you're getting the Christmas spirit!!! NYC is starting to get all decorated too :)
Congrats Jacquie, and I'm so glad things are getting better, white meat chicken kicks my ass too!
It sure does sound like a magical day - or days. That's awesome. Congrats on 166! You are doing so well!
Something I remember my mom always telling her patients about both big decisions and holidays....
Big decisions - don't make any big decisions for at least a year after losing a spouse. Don't sell a house and move, don't buy a car, just don't. They are almost always decisions that are regretted.
But for the holidays, if she doesn't feel like decorating, then don't. If she does, if she forces it, then the decorations will always have the connotation. From watching friends and family deal with losing spouses, I can say, it seems to be about three years before people really are able to find any sort of Christmas spirit again. And I can see how forcing the issue and putting up decorations that they spent a lifetime accumulating and making memories around, it would be hard.
Just my $0.02...for what it's worth.
It's such a hard time of year when faced with the grief you are all enduring. My heart goes out to you all.
166???!!!! You are AWESOME!!!
I can't imagine how tough it is for you and your sis this year. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Gotta catch up with you and your fantastic number of 166. I'm 3 pounds away so watch out.
Great suggestion about the memory suggested for your sister. I bought a lovely ornament which I hang to remember my mom. I don't have one for my dad but I have other memories of him. It is something no one else knows about so it is almost a secret for me to remember her each Christmas. You will also find your way through this Christmas. And our loved ones live on in our memories of special moments. I always bake these fruit cookies that my mom loved. My DH loves them too. I also make peanut butter balls that my MIL originally made. Together with my sisters we make 9 batches for all of us. If she hadn't loved to cook we would never have had the memory.
The rawness you feel right now will ease. But it will always be there in one form or another. Now you can make another special remembrance memory this year.
Post a Comment