
This has absolutely to do with anything other than I wanted to share with you! Jordan will probably kill me as she had just woken up but I love the picture and its my blog so deal with it Jordana!
I spent a great day with Stephen....we took a drive in the roadster up to St. Augustine and had lunch by the ocean in a very nice restaurant we just happened to find. I had Mahi Mahi on a bed of coleslaw with a little guacamole and melted swiss cheese. It was so good and I ate about 1/2 of what was probably a 4-5 oz portion of fish. Steve had a blackened chicken breast wrap that he said was great. I was so content on the drive home that I almost fell asleep! Actually, it was the first time that I felt comfortable sitting in the car as it has a tiny seat and I always felt like a sardine. Not so much anymore.
Tonight we are going out to dinner with our friends at the clubhouse in our community. We have BOGO free coupons that expire on Saturday and hey, we never let that go by! Its too hot to cook too so thats a plus. I just might stick to the fish theme and get that again!
Tomorrow starts my packing for our trip to NY. I am so excited about this trip. I will be staying with my sister and while I know we will have our share of cry-fests, I know we will also be doing a lot of reminiscing and laughing. She even has a honey-do list for Steve so that he stays busy and doesn't get bored. I think he is replacing her storm door, fixing her ice maker and changing some outside flood lights. He loves doing that kind of stuff and is more than happy to do anything she asks of him. She has come a very long way since the death of her husband, my BIL. She is my baby sister and while I wish I could take away her pain, I am so proud of her and all that she has accomplished in the past two months. Ok, enough on this...tears are starting to roll here and this is supposed to be an upbeat post!
On the band front, I am happy that I did not go back to the Dr. for an unfill as I think I am at a good level of restriction and may even be at the Sweet Spot! I have been very careful about not eating before 10 a.m. and when I do eat, I am taking tiny bites and chewing the hell out of them before swallowing. I put my fork down and I even hum the Jeopardy tune in between bites! Last week it was the pledge of allegiance and who knows what it will be next week! The scale is inching down a little bit every few days and that makes me a happy girl! I also bought another "12 pack" of 1/2 hour sessions with my trainer Stacy today! She is so happy with my progress and that makes me happy!
Ok, enough with this happy stuff, I must get off my butt and fold laundry!
Later girlfriends!


8 comments:
What a darling picture! I will be thinking of you and your sis in NY.
Jacquie, I hope you have a wonderful trip to NY. Glad to hear you're feeling good about your fill level too.
Have a great trip...need me to watch Brutus???
Wow sounds like you got some fun ahead of you.. Love that you are getting to do some travel and I am sure your sister really appreciates the help.. and I love that picture of Brutus.. We should have a bandster post your pet day sometime in the future.. be well hugs! (and thanks for your kind comments)
I hope you have a wonderful trip. You're doing great!
Safe travels Jacquie! Are you driving or flying? At any rate, do whatever you need to, to take care of you and continue being a great role-model for your family!!! ;-)
I am so happy for you!
You are doing amazing!
Wow, NY...One day my friend...one day!
Have a great one!
Your babies are gorgeous!
I love the idea of humming between bites.
I don't know why I can be so good about putting the fork down and waiting when I eat my lunch at my desk, but when I eat dinner...I just want to eat. Small bites and chew chew chew but I can't seem to wait between bites...
I hope you have a great trip to NY. I'll be thinking of you and your sis and your busy hubby!
Post a Comment