Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Friend visits, Family visits and Fills, oh my!

I have had a couple of crazy busy days! Yesterday morning Steve and I set out for a 220 mile trip across the state to visit my step-mom and my sister who flew in for an over-night visit. First, we had to visit with friends who we met on our trip to Italy last year. They live in the same town as my dad did and we always said we'd get together and while they have been to our house, this was our first time at theirs!

We had a great visit! They both could not stop complimenting me on my weightloss! I was at one of my highest weights in Italy (220 when we left and 215 when we came home. I lost weight in Italy, go figure!) Anyway, I had about 3 oz of NY strip steak and than a cookie for dessert. Delish!

Here is a picture of Steve, myself, Mike and Judy:



We than went over to my step-moms and went out to an Italian restaurant with my sister. We had a great visit and than this morning we went to Cracker Barrell and than Steve and I left for my 2 pm doctor visit which is almost exactly across the state from where we were but still 100 + miles from my house! Anyway, I gained 4 lbs since I was last at his office 2 weeks ago today! Yay me! He wasn't concerned in the least. He told me he fully expected me to gain after going through my starvation week! He had taken out 1 cc than and than today he put back in .5 cc's. I am now at the same restriction level, 2.4 cc's in my 4 cc band that I was at when I had my infamous way too tight 3rd fill!

I admitted to him that I questioned myself whether I needed that 3rd fill but figured since I was there, I would get one! Again, he was a doll and said that the rule of thumb is "if you don't know if you really need a fill, chances are you don't" Lesson learned the hard way! Anyway, I am now on liquids for 24 hours than mushies for another 24. I am hoping to get my weight loss moving again. He told me to call him if I have any problems but not to come back for 6 -8 weeks as he thinks that will be when I am ready for a little more. His thought is that I will have lost 10 -15 lbs in that time and will be ready.

I am now 5 months into this journey and all in all, I am happy with my progress and my hope is that I continue to lose, even if its slow. If I keep doing what I am doing, I can make my goal of 60lbs down by my one year bandiversary in March 2011. And you know what? Even if I don't, I will be ok with that too because I am on my way to thinville and I will get there!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow.. you really travel girl!.. I am amazed. I must have ADD, cause I can not still in a car for more than 2 hours.. You are also doing great with your WL and it sounds like your Doc is completely supporting you (which is a good thing).. Hugs to you.. soon we will get to meet and I can't wait!

Amy said...

Great pic! You look fantastic!

I hope this fill is IT for you...but you are right, even slowly, we will get there. :)

DB said...

Great pic! Have a wonderful time! Who goes to Italy & loses weight???? Lucky you!

Nella said...

Have a fabulous time! You look great!

Gen said...

You look amazing, and your attitude is so great. Hope this fill is a good one. Can't wait to meet you!

Band-Babe said...

That's a great rule of thumb "if you don't know if you need a fill, you probably don't".

Jacquie, you look fabulous. I can not wait for the chance to be in a picture with you in Chicago! I'm so jealous of all the BOOBs who have had the opportunity to meet each other. I can't wait to meet YOU!

Steph said...

Jac, you are looking great and I'm glad you got that fill. Hopefully it will be easier now!!! Only 3 more weeks until Chicago!!! :)

Unknown said...

great pic. I am glad you had a good time.