Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Bike Week" in Deland

Today was day 2 of Bike Week here in FL and Steve and I joined a few couples for a ride over to Deland, a small town about 45 minutes away from where we live.  We had such a great day...the weather was gorgeous, good friends and of course, there was good food involved!

 It was a little chilly in the morning and Steve decided to wear my dad's leather jacket.  He came out of our bedroom with it on and asked me if it was ok.  Of course, I told him.  My father would be so happy to know that Steve was using it.  I felt as though my father was with us every time I looked at my husband.  I will never get on a motorcycle for the rest of my life and not think about Jimmy and Dad.  I guess, with or without the jacket, my father and Jimmy will always be with us and looking out for us when we are riding.  When I am on the back of the motorcycle there isn't much to do but think and stare at my surroundings.  I often find myself thinking of them and staring at the sky and believing that they are watching over us.

I leave you with a few pics from our day!


Nice Helmet hair, huh?  This was at 10 a.m. this morning...you should see it now!
Doesn't my husband have the most beautiful blue eyes?  When my daughter first met him, she said he has "kind eyes".  I cannot tell you how right she was/is!  He was truly sent to me for a reason and the longer we are together, I realize just how lucky I am to have him in my life.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

You ARE the sweetest couple.. and yes.. he does have wonderful eyes.. lucky you.. give him big hugs tonight jax!!

Marie said...

So happy you had such a great day! Your husband does have kind eyes and a kind heart too! We should all be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I couldn't help but notice your tiny waist! You skinny little thing! You and Steve look great together. I am so happy for you.

Kathy said...

What a sweet comment about your husband. I think he is pretty lucky to have you too. Glad you had a fun ride today.

Dinnerland said...

Wow to the eyes-- and how sweet that he is wearing your Dad's jacket. I know May is coming soon, and that is hard for you and your family. What I do hope is that your pain will subside and the happy memories will come up first when you think of your lost loved ones. I'm so sorry about the tragedy-- that is just very hard to swallow, even all of these months later... xo

Maree said...

Sounds like you had a great day - how comforting to think of your Dad and Jimmy watching over you...

Bonnie said...

My husband is heading to FL for bike week tomorrow. I'll be home with kids. I ask that he call and text me a lot because I get worried when he's on his bike - especially when he's out of town. I haven't ridden on the back of his bike yet. Hoping that I'll get the courage (and feel thin enough) to do it by the end of this summer.

Bonnie said...

P.S. My hubby is going to be staying in Orlando and riding to Daytona at least one day between Monday and Friday. And he plans on going to Sarasota for ballgame on Wednesday. He's always looking for fellow bike riders so if your hubby (and you) or going to be around, maybe you can hook up. Maybe next year I'll go with him. :)

Bonnie said...

Husband has friends who left today and are taking his bike on trailer. Dave had work meeting Monday he could not miss so he is flying into Orlando after meeting.

I'll let you know when I get enough guts to ride with him and let you know if I like it.

Joey said...

tee hee - you're a hot biker chick! :)