My husband, on the other hand, almost got punched in the nose by me while in the exam room waiting for the doctor. The nurse commented that I had lost 3 lbs in the one week since I'd been there. Steve said "why don't you just leave your fill/restriction alone...at this rate, you will be at goal in a month!" At first I thought he was kidding...he wasn't! He really didn't get it at first why this not eating thing was not good but after I explained and then the Dr. explained more, he was ok with it. Are you kidding me? I was at the point where I was going to start gnawing on his arm in the car on the drive to the doctors office. I was so hungry. I wasn't even able to drink coffee again this morning! Came right back up after a sip.
I am happy to say that I had 1/2 of a hamburger with ketchup (no bun) for dinner and a little bit of the ice cream from last night. It felt so good to eat and not get stuck. I took tiny bites and ate slowwwwww. He also suggested I take Prilosec for a month to make sure my stomach quiets down from all the inflamation.
The only good thing that came from this episode is that this morning, for the first time in at least 8 years, I saw 189 on the scale! Not sure if it will be there tomorrow but that is ok, it was there today and it will be back! I feel it!


12 comments:
Yeah! Take the 189! Lowest weight on the scale wins as far as I'm concerned!!!!!! We are very close in our goals - I'm at 185 right now and my goal is 145. 40 to go!!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Coming on here does make me feel a bit better! :)
I felt relief just reading your post. So glad you were able to get in and get an unfill. Tell your dh to eat/or not eat bite for bite and then he would get it real quick. ;)
Congrats on 189! Isn't it great to get to a whole new decade of numbers?
glad you are feeling relief! MEN! MY husband will say odd things once and a while and I want to smack him.. lol :)
So happy to hear you are well!!! Oh, hubby...the band is not a tool to aide in disordered eating behaviors. Sheesh!
Take it slow and treat your pouch with kindness.
<3
Glad to hear you're better tootsie.
Glad you are feeling better. I need to go for an unfill tomorrow. Congrats on 189!
So glad you are doing better.
You are kicking ass and taking names!! I think the last time I saw 189 was in 1989!!! You are such an inspiration to me. After all the stress and hard times you have been through, you are still doing wonderfully. I am so happy for you, especially now that you can eat comfortably!!
I'm so glad you got the unfill! Getting stuck on liquids is stupid. Totally not the way its supposed to work.
YEAH for 189!!
I'm glad you're better. And as far as hubby goes, that type of reasoning comes with the penis, he can't help it. LOL. Seriously, take care of yourself!
I'm chuckling at Tessierose's comment. I know how miserable I was before I had an unfill so you have my permission to go ahead and punch your husband.
Our smaller bands sure fill up fast, don't they?
it trips me out everytime I see one of your postings cause I NEVER found anyone who spells there name the same way I do !! I always got "Jackie" !! LOL.
Question where did you get the cute name sign at the bottom of your post??
Post a Comment