On the band front, since my unfill, my dear friend "the scale" has gone up 6 lbs but as of this morning, its only up 4 lbs since the unfill. My head says that the 6 lbs I lost during the week of not even being able to drink liquids wasn't real. I was so dehydrated so that when I started to eat/drink again, my body became a sponge and is holding onto everything that goes down! My heart says...phooey! Very discouraging but I go on.
I have been exercising like a demon this week and I am so sore so maybe, just maybe, by Sunday, my day that I track my weight, I will be rewarded. I am going to the Doc on Wed to go over the results of my Upper GI that I took on Tues. He called and said everything sounds like its fine based on the Radiologists report but he still wants to see the CD that they gave me. I looked at it and I have to tell you, my upper pouch looks big but I really don't know what I am looking out and how magnified the picture is so I will have to wait for the Doctor to look and tell me his opinion. I keep fearing that with all the PB'ing I was doing I dilated the pouch. We'll see. He didn't think that was the case so I am praying he knows what he's talking about.
All I know is, when he took out the 1 cc of fluid, I was able to eat again and it was heaven. The problem now is, the level of restriction I have is 0. None. The amount of fluid in my band is exactly what I had after my first fill and that was the same, no restriction at all. I think I need to be brought up the the level of my second fill to get results again.
I am off to work now and will pop back in tonight after my step class to check out Draz's BYOC. Have a great day my lovely ladies (and Andrew too!).


12 comments:
Wow on that Spin class!.. I really don't quite have the nerve yet (but I do come equipped with my own butt padding)LOL.
Glad that the scan looked OK. from what I have read (and no I am not a doctor), the pouch even if stretched can return to normal. I think the bigger issue is a slipped band..Glad to read that you are feeling better. that is the most important part.. and I am sure you will see your rewards on the scale this week. Good for you for going the distance with the spin class.. I am still a chicken ass.. but maybe someday!!
I always did love spin class, but sadly can't swing it anymore with my work schedule. Don't sweat the gain, you were starving to death before. Hang in there, you're doing great!
A spin class! WOW - That is hardcore. I want to do that. Awesome!
Way to go on spinning, definitely the best hardest workout I can imagine!
Good for you for trying spinning!! Much braver than I :)
The scale will start moving soon :)
SPINNING! Yeah for spinning! I promise 3 or 4 classes and your butt will no longer hurt.
Sorry about all the fill/unfill troubles...how frustrating! Those 4 lbs will go away, even if I have to make them!
Glad you love the spin class. You rock! Seems to me like that's pretty intense...
As for the weight, don't worry about it, I think. Easier said than done, I know. But between being starved/dehydrated with the fill level AND the working out and building muscle...things are probably shrinking even if the scale doesn't realize it.
I hope you can get to the sweet spot. I'm glad, from what you are saying, that they didn't take all of my third fill out...just that smidge. While I think they could take another 0.1cc...I also think I can work with this just fine. It's amazing how minute the difference can be!
WTG on spin! I'm too chicken to try it. I agree with your head. If we didn't eat for a week our bodies are going to be starving!!!
My ass hurt for 4 days! I am looking forward to my next one!
Love the Nonna!
Great job on the spin class. Make sure you get the clip shoes as well if you don't already have them...makes the pedaling much more efficient.
My ass is sore just THINKING about that class! Sorry you're having such a hard time. Just hang in there. Once it's sorted, you can get back to kicking the scale's ass again!
with all your exercise the scale will hopefully be moving very soon!! Congrats on doing spinning..it is something I want to do and have not gotten the guts up to do yet!!! congrats!
Post a Comment