So, as most of you know, my oldest daughter Mallory is getting married next March. (actually, her wedding day would have also have been my sister and brother-in-laws 22nd wedding anniversary) Anyway, I have started to look at gowns and have found two that are very possible maybes. I am debating on whether I should bite the bullet and get one in a smaller size just so that I don't have a problem if I wait and then can't get it.
Here are the two dresses that I am leaning towards, both from Dillards and both in Royal Blue which is my favorite color too:
This one is my favorite!

Here is the runner-up!

I have a very tiny waist in proportion to my hips and I think the top one would fit better than the 2nd which is fitted right at the waist. What do you guys think I should do? I am currently in a size 14 and still want to lose another 35 lbs. I am thinking that at most, I may possibly be a 10 by next March so if I order a 12, I could always have it taken in. Should I do it or should I wait a while longer?


16 comments:
I really like the second one. I like you have a really small waist compared to my hips and I had a dress like that one once that really made me look even smaller. The fabric will hide the hips and accentuate the waist. I think that the first one (even though it is really pretty) looks like you are trying to hide your whole body. After all of that weight loss I am sure that isn't the case.
The second one is so Real Housewives of O.C. I love the cobalt blue so much!! I say get a 10 and just fit into it!
I like them both and that is a really flattering color with dark hair. You'll look great in either. We're pretty close in weight right now and if I were going to order something for March I'd go for a 10.
I love them both and the color is great The first is perfect for showing off great shoulders, but I do agree with Heather - it's not as form fitting as the second. All I can say is if I had a tiny waist I'd show it off. I personally think you will definitely be in a size 10 by March, but of course you are the best judge.
Love them both, but agree with everyone else that the second will show you off better and believe me you'll want to!! If you're a 14 now, I might go with the 10 as well. You could always get the 12 and a 10 and then return which doesn't work!
I'll tell you when I MEET YOU TOMORROW which one suits you better! Cannot wait! (They are both gorgeous, and without seeing you, I'm tending to agree with the others...)
Hey Jacquie - I vote for the 2nd one - it'll show off your tiny waist and hide any hip issues!!! Yay... such fun!
I feel a little weird about giving you shopping advice having just found your blog :).... but I say go for the second one! Show off all the hard work you've put into losing the weight! Gorgeous color by the way!
I like the 2nd one better too... but it doesn't matter what we like... I would try them both on in your current size, see which one is more flattering and then get that one in a 10 or 12... Sometimes those gowns are not true to size so if the 14 doesn't fit... then it probably is more like a 10-12... Weird? I can't wait to meet you tomorrow night. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."
I think the second will be more flattering because it goes in at the waist, that is always flattering!
I love the first one. And I think a dress to aim for is a great incentive. I have been thinking about getting one, but do not really know what to get:)
Thanks everyone for your advice! I see what you all are talking about the the 2nd gown. I am going to Dillards this week to see if they have it in stock so that I can try it on...if not, I will be ordering it in both sizes and than decide which size to keep!
I miss the afternoon thunderstorms afternoon in FL during the summer!
I actually like dress # 2 best, but I would have to see it on you :)
Looks like I'm in the minority but I LOVE the 1st one!!! So chic!!! the other one is gorgeous as well and I'd be willing to be that you will look fantastic in either of them!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
Ooohhh I love both - prob the 1st best though. What a great colour too.
Em :)
I am loving #2 best...It hink you would look great in it!!
Post a Comment