Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I feel good!

I went for a 4.2 mile walk this morning with Brutus and I feel great!

As I was walking, all of a sudden I heard the "sonic boom" of the space shuttle re-entering the earths atmosphere! How cool was that? Than, I saw the shuttle with its long plume of smoke heading towards Cape Canaveral. I am always very thankful when they take off and land safely, that's for sure.

Ok, getting back to me....as much as I hate exercising, I always feel so much better when I am done with it! When I go to the gym, I drag myself in and skip out, no matter how hard the work-out is. On the scale front, I was down 1.4 lbs today! Yay! Finally, those are the 1.4 lbs. I brought home with me from New York last week. I am PMS'ing too so I am hopeful that once that is out of the way, I will see some more movement on the scale. I also think that the planning and cooking of my meals is a huge help. Going out to dinner is always nice but not so nice when it comes to the scale!

I have my first fill coming up on 5/3 which is a week from Monday and I don't have to tell you how much I am looking forward to that! I am going to Dr. Domkowski who is Stephanies Doc and she highly recommends him! I was originally scheduled to go to Fill Centers USA for my after-care but went back and forth between them and the doctor. When I cancelled the Fill Center 2.5 weeks ahead, they charged me $35 for a cancellation fee! Turns out that it was in the email at the bottom so I can't fight it but did you ever? Granted, most docs or dentist will charge if you cancel within 24-48 hours but 2 plus weeks? What a racket. This proves that I made the right decision to go with Dr. Domkowski thats for sure!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

4.2 miles? WOW! I'm the same way with exercise. So hard to get started, but always glad when I do. Glad you found a good place for your fills. I can't believe you are going in for a fill. Seems like you were just banded yesterday. :-)

Jacquie said...

You see how fast it goes Bonnie?

Sarah said...

Yay Jacquie!!! You go girl! Hey - do you have a roommate for Chicago yet? Thinking since we have COF in common.... LOL... let me know if you're interested (sarah-fogler@comcst.net)

Sarah said...

sarah-fogler@comcast.net

Nella said...

$35 that is craziness! I would ask for a refund especially since you cancelled it two weeks in advance!

Jen said...

Way to go on the walking!!! And how cool that you were able to see the space shuttle coming back in!
Getting charged for a cancelation with this much notice is bananas!! I would see about getting a refund!

Steph said...

4.2 miles? Holy cow!! Way to go. You just motivated me to get off this computer and go to the gym before LOSt comes on tonight!

I am so glad you are going to Dr. D for a fill. He really is a great dcotor! I'm wondering if the shuttle came in from a different route, because I didn't hear it come in and normally we can hear it like it was RIGHT there.

Janice said...

There is a place called "Fill Center USA?" The name alone should be an indicator. :)Cancellation fee no matter how far out you cancel??? Ridiculous!

Congrats on the weight loss and walking! You are off to a great start!!!

Jenny said...

You're doing awesome with your excersise!