Yes, I even feel like whistling!
Oh dear lord...the one week count-down has begun for the actual surgery but we leave for Mexico in 5 days. I am so nervous and so excited. I don't know which one more. The funny thing is that my husband seems just as or more excited than I am. He has never had a weight problem and I think on some level he has no idea what the problem is....too fat=stop eating! However, on the other hand, he knows everything I've done/do to lose and keep weight off and still, here I am. He is the most supportive and loving man and I am so blessed to have him.
I went out this morning and got a manicure and pedicure and having my hair colored on Friday. You would think I am going on vacation! I figured that I needed everything done anyway and I probably wouldn't be up to going out right away after I get home so why not? I got french on fingers and toes and hopefully it won't be an issue at the hospital. I then went to GNC to get some protein powder and vitamins..I got biotin tablets that I guess i will cut up. I am so freaked about hair loss and want to start taking these as soon as possible but probably not for a week or so after surgery. I also bought some fruit punch flavored Isopure drinks. I thought that would be good during the days immediately following surgery when I wasn't really hungry but need to get liquids in with protein.
Hubs will be getting the suitcase down tomorrow so I can start throwing stuff in. This weekend I will be busy with work and I have an open house on Sunday. Hello, don't these people know I am flying off to Mexico for my surgery on Monday? Ha, I guess not being as I am not telling anyone! Before I know it we'll be on our way to the airport on Monday!
Last but not least, a huge Thank You to BG at the Sweet Spot for nominating me for the Sugar Doll Award! I am so honored and will definitely pass the torch to others.


14 comments:
Holy Guacamole! I can't wait to hear all about it. It's gonna be great.
I am so excited for you! 5 days will FLY by!
Wow yay.. All the best with the surgrey I am sure it will be fabulous!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!corms
5 more days!! So excited for you!!!!
Awesome! Great idea to get the mani and pedi!
Five more days? Wow that's fairly flying past. Now we begin the countdown with you.. oooh, exciting stuff. Did you change your blog? I was sure your profile was on the left lol. Thinking of you darl!!
I am very happy for you! I can't wait to be banded too. I had not heard of biotin. If it helps with hair loss, I want to take it too. Good luck and I will be thinking of you.
Yes Cara, I've changed it 10 times in the past 2 days. I think it has to do with this "unsettled" feeling I've got!
Thank you to all for the best wishes. Its so hard to concentrate on anything not related to getting the "taser" installed!
It's nice you get to go to Mexico a few days prior to getting banded. Hopefully you'll be able to relax and enjoy a bit before the surgery. I've heard so many good things (and sure you have to) about the experience of getting banded in Mexico. You're going to be in good hands.
It's almost here!! The day of my surgery I went for a mani/pedi. I know it sounds funny, but it made me feel better to look down at my fingers and see them nicely manicured during my recovery. So, you are not alone to get your beauty errands done now :)
Thank you Inspiration for validating my grooming issues. My husband, love him, doesn't get it and keeps asking why I need to get my hair colored AGAIN? He loves me fat and grey I guess.
Bonnie, unfortnately we won't get to Mexico until late on Monday and than Tuesday will be all my pre-op stuff so we won't have much time in Mexico. I am so comfortable with my doctor there and his procedures. I am actually thinking about going to him for my first few check-ups/fills before switching to a doctor here in FL. We'll see.
It's getting so close! How exciting for you!
When I was there a woman came in for her first fill. She sat in on our group meeting with the nutricionist. If I could swing it, I would go back for my fills.
Oh Jacquie, I'm so excited for you! Good for you for getting everything done, it's like having a baby, right? You want to get your hair and nails done because you know it'll be a while before you can do it again.
It's great that your husband is so supportive. I wish you a quick weekend, successful open house and an easy-breezy trip and recovery! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.
Post a Comment