I can't believe that in 20 days we will be heading to Mexico for my banding surgery on March, 24. It is really starting to feel surreal!
My friend is here from NY with her husband and we've been talking a lot about what I am going to be going through with all the changes in my eating and they cannot be more supportive!
My DH, well, he is always the most supportive....not a day goes by that he doesn't says something positive. My whole life has changed for the better since the day that I met him. You can't see it because you are reading this but I can't help but smile when I talk about him to others. What a great feeling!
Getting back to my friend Mo, I will be staying with her about 3 weeks post-op when I go to NY to go wedding gown shopping with my daughters. I have not seen the girls since Christmas, this is the longest I've gone without seeing them! I am so excited and once March 24 comes and goes, I will be focused on April 9th!
Can any of you give me suggestions on what kind of clothes to pack for my surgery? I am going to be on a 2 part 7 hour flight coming home so I know I want to be comfortable. I'm wearing flip-flops so I don't have to worry about bending over and tying laces. Any suggestions are appreciated.
We are going to visit St. Augustine today. It is a gorgeous little city. I am looking forward to walking around and going into all the quaint shops. We will probably have lunch there before coming back to my house. Crap! As I just said that, there was a big crack of thunder outside. I guess I should check the weather before I make further plans, huh?
Ciao' for now!


4 comments:
Thanks for all the great comments on my blog! I would pack your comfy-est clothes, sweatpants, cotton shirts... I mean it is Mexico, so try to think lighter clothes, but from my experience, I didn't want to get out of my pajamas for a few days.
Good luck!! You will do great ... the band is a great tool to have if you are committed to the process.
xo DL
I agree with Dinnerland. Stick to stretchy waisted pants/capris as your stomach will be swollen with the gas from the laparoscopy. Bra-wise-I didn't wear one for the first week. If you need something, get a stretchy sports bra-no underwires as I found they dig into the incisions or a mens undershirt. Layers are always best especially on a plane. I was always hot before my pre-op diet but started to get really cold once I lost some weight. You might want some fuzzy socks for the plane. Slip-ons shoes are good too. I was given liquid codeine for pain but they might not let you take the large bottle on the plane--you could ask for smaller bottle of whatever pain med they give you.
I really believed the pre-op weeks were important to hash out the reasons why we are getting the band. I found my one friend helped a lot as did my hubby with getting through any doubts. I found it was a discovery period and the blogging helped so much. I too got impatient but the time will come. You'll get to the other side!
I wore jeans when I flew back after my surgery and felt fine. I took a nightie to wear at the hospital. You'll wear one of those icky gowns for the surgery and the several hours afterwards before you feel like taking a shower and changing into human clothes. The weather will be nice there more than likely - around 70 and sunny, but you won't be outdoors much. I also took along some flip flops in case I couldn't wear regular shoes (I was thinking that all the fluids might swell me up), but I was able to wear normal shoes without any trouble. If you are going alone, don't pack too big a bag because you may have to go across the border through the immigration center (I did - they couldn't drive me across for some crazy reason). I didn't have to wait in line or anything, but I did have to take all my stuff and myself through customs and then meet my driver on the US side for a ride to the airport.
Thank you all so much for this great info!
Post a Comment