Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Part I of my Mexican Adventure

We spent practically all day yesterday travelling and I was exhausted when we finally landed in San Diego at 8 pm eastern time. We spent the next 1.5 hrs wating for our luggage. It turns out that while we made our connection in Arizona, our luggage did not. Luckily, there was another flight from Phoenix coming in after our flight and they put the luggage on that. We received a $40 voucher from Southwest because we waited for it rather than having them deliver it to us.

Once we got our luggage, we walked outside just as the van sent for us (from my Doctor in Tiajuana) was circling for the 100th time! I asked the driver Miguel if he was dizzy and he didn't understand a word I said. Oh well, as long as he knew how to get to the hotel, I was happy. The Palacio Azteca was very nice and I just could wait to fall into bed! I was exhausted. This morning I sat with DH while he ate his yogurt and banana breakfast with coffee. I was fasting due to the pre-op testing that I had yet to do. The hotel brought us to the hospital at about 9:30.

I was very impressed with the efficiency we were met with at the hospital. We were introduced to Anabelle and she told me that I was her responsibility and should not worry about a thing! I had my blood drawn, chest xray, ekg and urine done in about 45 minutes. She than took us to our hospital room which was more like a hotel room. Bed, recliner, pull-out bed for DH and bathroom/shower. All private. Very nice. Shen than told us to go and enjoy Tijuana. DH was not excited about this but was a good guy and we went. We had brunch at TGIF...I had a breakfast taco and he had a breakfast sandwich. We than walked around the city a little. I was hoping to find a t-shirt that celebrated my visit to the city. You know, something that said "I left my fat in Tijuana." Alas, i did not find anything!

Once we got back to our room, Anabelle took us to meet with Dr. Peterson. He is an internist who went over my whole medical history. basically he told me I am one healthy fat chica. Ok, he didn't quite put it that way but thats what he meant. I than got to meet my Dr. Kuri face to face. I've spokent to him on the phone but this was my first meeting with him. He did not dissappoint. He was everything and more than what I had envisioned. He answered all my questions and told me to have a nice restfull evening, he himself was going to a party but don't worry, "I see you at 7 a.m.!" With a wink and a smile, he was gone! I am assuming he was kidding.

So, Steve is in his recliner, I'm here in bed waiting for the nurse to bring my sleeping pill and I will be going to surgery tomorrow morning at 6:30 where I will get my Margharita cocktail!

Thank you all for your well wishes yesterday. I am so blessed to have found you and I know you are all waiting with bated breath for my newbie bandster questions! Good luck again to Camille, Tessie and Jenny. I will see you all on the other side!

I will also continue my Mexican Adventure part II after the OP!

Ciao for now

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like a real adventure - congratulations and all the best for tomorrow :-)

Tina said...

good luck tomorrow! You will be done before I am awake. ;)

Tina

THE DASH! said...

Heaps of luck, Jacquie.. not that you will need it. You'll said thought. Be thinking of you though xxx

Julie said...

good luck with the sugery. sending you lots of Irish luck and hugs

Andrew said...

Good luck...nearly there...

Girl Bandit said...

Best of luck...thinking of you all. Too funny about the t-shirt...that would be a classic!!!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Sounds like a perfect pre-op day!!! Glad you got your luggage back or you would have been doing some serious shopping there LOL (sombreros?). And tell your doc he needs those t-shirts!

HAPPY BANDING DAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jacquie, I am so excited for you! I know things will go very smoothly and I can't wait to hear how everything went.
A big kiss to you!!!!

CC said...

good luck! i'm sending good thoughts your way! :-)

Jenny said...

It's WEDNESDAY!!!!! Thinking of you!!

LDswims said...

I'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear a good report!

So glad the luggage found it's way to you! What a headache!

Sherry said...

Thinking of you! Sounds like you are in great hands.

Amanda Kiska said...

You are on your way! Can't wait to hear about your experience.

Inspiration said...

congratulations girl-- welcome to bandland! :)